What type of insurance do I need to drive my motorcycle in Texas?

Any driver who plans on navigating the streets and highways of Texas on a motorcycle must be insured. However, the state minimum requirements, as well as coverage levels, must be abided by to legally operate a motorcycle in Richardson, TX. Our team at Collum Insurance Group LLC is committed to helping motorcycle drivers get the coverage they need to legally drive within the state of Texas. 

What are the Legal Requirements to Drive a Motorcycle in Texas?

Aside from having a Class M license, a registered motorcycle, and passing annual inspection, Texas motorcyclists must carry liability insurance to drive a motorcycle in the state. Not only do they need liability coverage, but they must also meet the state minimum levels of coverage. The minimum coverage requirement for Texas motorcycle drivers is 30/60/25. In short, this means that Texas motorcyclists must carry $30,000 worth of bodily injury coverage per person. In addition, $60,000 worth of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 worth of property damage coverage. Keep in mind that you can always carry more than the minimum required coverage if you want to or feel you need to. 

Other Considerations

Although uninsured and underinsured coverage isn’t a requirement in Texas, it might still be worth investing in if an accident is caused by an uninsured or underinsured driver. However, one of our team members at Collum Insurance Group LLC would be happy to discuss all of your insurance options as well as the legal minimum requirements with our Richardson, TX clients. If you have questions, please give us a call. We can help you secure liability insurance that meets the state minimum requirements as well as any other coverage you may need. Our team is standing by for our Richardson, TX customers.