Recreational Vehicles (RVs) are very popular in Richardson, TX, and across Texas in general. People of all places and ages find RVs fun to travel because they let you explore the world as you enjoy the comfort and convenience of a home. But one thing most RV owners aren’t clear about is RV insurance. An RV cuts between a vehicle and a home, making it challenging to decide what insurance is required.
The good news is that Collum Insurance Group LLC is here to help you understand whether RV insurance is mandatory and what it covers.
Is RV insurance required in Texas?
Like auto insurance, RV insurance is mandatory in Texas as long as it’s driven on the roads. However, if your RV is non-motorized and is attached to a vehicle, it’s covered under auto insurance. If your RV is loan-financed, your lender may require you to carry RV insurance as long as the loan facility is due.
Doesn’t home insurance cover my RV? While homeowners insurance may cover the contents of your RV, it doesn’t cover liabilities or damages to your RV. In light of this, neither auto nor home insurance protects your RV optimally. Whether it’s a motorhome, camper, or travel trailer, RV insurance is the best coverage to protect your prized investment.
RV insurance options in Texas
When exploring RV insurance, some coverage options are likely to mimic your auto insurance, while others are specific to your RV. Let’s look at some RV insurance options.
- Collision coverage to pay for damages if your RV is involved in an accident.
- Comprehensive coverage to protect your RV from non-collision perils like theft, fire, vandalism, storms, and many more.
- Liability coverage to pay for bodily injury and property damage to third parties.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) covers medical expenses, final expenses, and partial loss of income for you and your passengers following an accident.
- Vacation liability to protect you when your RV is parked on a campsite.
- Full-timers cover if you reside in your RV full-time.
If you love your RV, contact Collum Insurance Group LLC to make sure you are covered. You can also visit our Richardson, TX offices to speak to our agents in person.